Caroline and Jim's wedding, Great Sir Wilbrahams Barn, Cambridge
Georgina's fireworks party in Hornchurch
Matt and Gill's wedding, Ramsden Bellhouse
- Free range Blythburgh hog roasts.
- Local salt marsh lambs and organic beef.
- All our pigs and lambs are reared in Essex or Suffolk.
- Baps are day fresh from our baker.
- Our professional carvers are RSPH accredited.
- Our premises have an FSA 5 star rating.
- We have full public liability insurance.
The hog roast takes approx seven hours to cook, a lamb roast five. Our chef/carvers oversee the final two hours cooking onsite, so the pig, lamb or other meat is perfectly cooked when chef begins carving. After serving he won’t rush off, but waits until everyone has eaten their fill, including seconds.
Please be aware that the roasting ovens measure 120 cms x 70 cms; they don’t go through a regular front door to access a back garden, and they’re very heavy, so no more than a couple of steps please!
Please contact us for smaller or larger numbers than those given below.
- Option 1 - the Classic Essex Hog Roast for 100 people, from £650 more...
Whole pig with great crackling, 100 baps, served with apple sauce, and apricot, and sage and onion stuffing, serviettes, with chef/carver.
- Option 1A- Winter Hog Roast package for 100 people, from £950 more...
A whole pig with great crackling, 100 baps served with apple sauce, and apricot, sage and onion stuffing, with the chef/carver.
Eco-friendly disposable plates, cutlery and serviettes
Served with “Bratkartoffeln” German style potatoes, pan-fried with pancetta and onions; and homemade spiced red cabbage.
With one staff extra to chef to set out, help serve and clear away after.
- Option 2 - the Free Ranger for 100 people, from £690 more...
As above, with a free range, naturally fed pig from the famous Blythburgh herd in Suffolk.
- Option 3 - for 100 Really Hungry People! From £775 more...
Whole pig with great crackling served with apple sauce and sage and onion stuffing, 100 locally produced pork sausages with ketchup and mustard, 100 baps, 50 finger rolls, serviettes, with the chef/carver.
- Option 4 - salt marsh Lamb Roast for 50/60 people, from £600 more...
A whole local lamb spiked with rosemary and garlic (or not, as preferred) served with mint sauce, with chef/carver.
- Option 4A - Moroccan style lamb roast package for 50/60 people, from £795 more...
A whole lamb is rubbed with our own magic Moroccan spice rub before roasting.
Served with: Cous cous with roast Mediterranean vegetables
Vine and cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, fresh mint salad
Selection of French stick, baps and pitta breads
Butter, salad dressings, mint sauce
- Option 5 - a real feast for 100 people! From £1290 more...
A whole hog roast with apple sauce, sage and onion stuffing and the chef/carver.
Hot new potatoes with parsley and butter or homemade potato salad
Mediterranean salad: vine tomatoes, cucumber, red and yellow peppers, red onion, flat leaf parsley, black olives
Mixed green salad
Or choose any four of our “standard” salads.
100 white and/or whole meal baps or rolls, and butter
Vinaigrette and balsamic salad dressings
Eco-friendly biodegradable plates, cutlery and serviettes
Two staff extra to chef to tidy, top up, serve and clear away after.
- Option 6 - other roasts - please ask for prices. more...
Spit roasted top quality aged beef fore rib serves up to 30 people, served with horseradish and English mustard. The minimum order is 3 fore ribs; or 1 fore rib as an addition to a hog or lamb roast, or other menu.
We can also provide spit roasted joints of gammon; turkey crowns or chicken (depending on numbers) please ask for prices and details.
Also Brilliant Barbecues - outline your requirements and ask for a quote.
- Extras - add any of the following to any order: more...
Sausage meat stuffing at 45p per head
Butcher’s sausages made from locally reared pork with Heinz ketchup and mustard at £120 per 100.
Butter portions x 100 at £10
Option to have selection of rolls: ciabatta, poppy seed rolls, whole meal plaits, white and wholemeal baps, French stick - instead of just baps - adds £25.
Quality biodegradable disposable plates, knives and forks add 35p per head
China plates and proper cutlery can be hired please ask for a quote.
Please add VAT to all prices.
Prices maybe subject to seasonal alterations.
We may charge mileage for distances over 25 miles from CM3 6DT.